100 Percent Volunteer Run OrganizationUpdated Monday December 3, 2018 by South Lakeland Baseball.
Registration for Smart Start, Coach Pitch/T-ball, Rookie, Billy Ripken, Cal Ripken, and Prep Division is now open for the Spring 2019.
Spring 2019 Dates
Early Registration discount in December.
Regular Online registration is now open through January 25th.
In person registration dates are:
January 12th and 19th - 9 am to 1 pm (North Quad Fields 5-8)
People can also register online in advance and pay in person with cash or check on one of these two dates. Registration fees can also be paid during the player evaluations.
Player Evaluations - (no evaluations for Smart Start or Coach Pitch/T-Ball Divisions)
January 21st - Billy Ripken and Cal Ripken Divisions (A-L) - 6 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
January 22nd - Billy Ripken and Cal Ripken Divisions (M-Z) - 6 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
January 24th - Prep Division - 6:00 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
January 25th - Rookie Division - 6 pm (check-in starts at 5:30 pm)
January 26th - Make-up Evaluations (Prep, Cal Ripken, Billy Ripken and Rookie) - by appt
week of January 28th - Rookie, Billy Ripken, Cal Ripken, Prep Divisions
week of February 11th - Coach Pitch/T-ball and Smart Start Divisions
Opening Day: February 23rd, 2019
Regular Season games: February 25th, 2019 through April 26th, 2019
Post Season Tournament: Begins week of April 29th
Playing Schedule: Check your team's website for schedules. You will be able to download the schedule to your smartphone, tablet, or PC into your personal calendar from the team website by clicking on the ical link.
Registration fee include league uniform shirt and hat.
Why should you join SLBRL?
1) SLBRL managers & coaches are Babe Ruth/Cal Ripken Certified as well as volunteers must submit to a background check.
2) We have more fields than any other single facility in Polk County with nine (9) dedicated full size fields (60', 70', & 90'). You future MLB'er can play from T-ball to High School Prep all at one facility. And more fields means fewer double headers and fewer Saturday games.
3) Quality uniform shirts and stitched league hats provided to every player and coach in the spring and fall. We designate MLB team names and colors in the spring season. We designate college team names and colors during the fall season. Coach pitch/T-ball and Smart start use Tampa Bay Rays official uniforms in the spring season.
4) We have the nicest facilities around with plenty of parking, protective shade cloth ceilings over the bleachers to provide shade and foul ball protection and exclusive use to a league managed batting cage facility.
5) We offer a consistently competitive and successful post season All Star program following each Spring season.
6) No weeknight double headers**. Most games start at 6:30. **some smart start games are played earlier
7) Most games are schedule during the week on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (Due to such a large demand and turnout, we do have some early and late games are scheduled on Friday to accommodate all teams. We also have a few Saturday games in our younger divisions to accommodate a full schedule)